Spiced Cream Cheese Pie Crust With Bonus Cream Cheese Buttons
Do you enjoy making pie crusts from scratch but get disappointed when you see the crust from your grandma’s famous apple pie recipe left on everyone’s plate?
This recipe for spiced cream cheese pie crust is one of my more popular homemade pie crusts for sweet pies. I rarely see leftover crust on the plates. Most everyone will be eating it along with your homemade pumpkin pie. So give it a try at your family’s next Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. The only thing you will be throwing away is that re-gifted fruit cake.
Spiced Cream Cheese Pie Crust
2 Cups Jiffy Baking Mix
8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
2 Sticks of Butter
1. Cut cream cheese and butter into small cubes. Allow cubes to soften to room temperature.
2. Add Jiffy Baking Mix and spices to bowl. Slowly cut in cream cheese and butter cubes with pastry blender (mixer, food processor) or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Divide dough in half; shape each half into ball. Flatten slightly. Wrap balls in plastic food wrap; refrigerate for four hours or place in freezer for 30-40 minutes.
4. For one crust pie, roll out one ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into 9-inch pie pan and unfold dough, press bottom and sides firmly to pie pan. Trim crust from the edge of pan. Crimp or flute edge. Bake Crust Fill and bake according to pie recipe directions.
5. For two crust pie, roll out remaining ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold dough into quarters. Place dough over filling and unfold. Trim extra dough, seal and crimp or flute edge. Cut 5- 6 large slits in crust. Bake according to pie recipe directions.
6. For baked unfilled pie shell, prepare dough as directed above for one crust pie. Bake at 375°F for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.Spiced Cream Cheese Pie Crust With Bonus Cream Cheese Buttons. #deliciousideas #recipes #pie Click To Tweet
Spiced Cream Cheese Buttons With Filling
Leftover Spiced Cream Cheese Mixture from Pie Crust
Follow Recipe Instructions 1-3 for Spiced Cream Cheese Pie Crust
Other Filling Options
1. Roll out one ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch square.
2. Spread your choice of filling onto flattened dough.
3. Role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 1-2 inch slices.
4. Place rolled up buttons onto baking sheet. Sprinkle extra cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on top of buttons (optional).
5. Bake at 375°F for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
NOTES: Spiced Cream Cheese Buttons with Cinnamon and Sugar taste heavenly with maple or butter syrup. The Spiced Cream Cheese Buttons with Cream Cheese filling taste yummy with a fruity syrup. My favorite is blueberry!
Make It To Your Taste!
YouTube automatically depreciates video quality. To watch my videos in 1080p HD click the settings button on the bottom right of the video. Then click “Quality” to choose the video quality you prefer to watch in.
Pin Me 🙂