I first got the idea for my Jalapeño Pepper Poppers recipe after eating Sonic Cheddar Pepper Poppers. I thought adding cream cheese and replacing the breading with bacon would make for a better popper. After I posted my YouTube video I found out lots of people already thought of it. Oh well, not every idea can be an original, but this is the recipe I came up with.
The first time I made these was in the oven and they turned out way better than I thought they would. The next time I made them for a family cookout on the grill. I am not the one who grilled them, Uncle Tommy had that privilege, and they tasted even better than baking them in the oven. So, if possible, I highly recommend grilling the Snake Bites, over baking them in the oven. They are a great appetizer and will disappear faster than a toddler can devour that chocolate bar you had hiding in your nightstand… True story.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soak toothpicks in warm water before using to avoid catching fire in the oven
- Cut the bacon and jalapeno peppers in half, then Deseed and devein the pepper.
- Cut cream cheese into angled slices and place on pepper halves.
- Sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning on top of peppers and cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheese and pat down into cream cheese.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno pepper. Secure with a water-soaked toothpick.
- If baking place on a flat baking pan and cook for 15-35 minutes.
- The more seeds and vein you leave with the pepper the hotter it is.
- The longer you cook jalapeno peppers the milder they become.
Watch Me Make This
Watch me make this and access some tips to make this extra delicious.
YouTube automatically depreciates video quality. To watch my videos in 1080p HD click the settings button on the bottom right of the video. Then click “Quality” to choose the video quality you prefer to watch in.