One Of The Tastiest Crisps
For weeks, I talked to my family about making a fruit apple crisp . I just could never seem to remember to pick up some good fruit for it while out shopping. Then during a visit to grandma’s house we were able to pick some wild sour green apples. Lilyannah fed a few to Jack the donkey and the rest came home with us in a sack. Next, I found some beautiful nectarines while I was grocery shopping and the idea formed in my head to combine the nectarines and apples and voila, I had my Nectarine and Sour Green Apple Crisp. I had never used wild green apples before in a recipe but this crisp was one of the best I have made. I made a batch of homemade whip cream to go with it and both disappeared quickly. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did eating it.
At the bottom of the post, you can watch a video on how to make my Nectarine And Sour Green Apple Crisp. You will also find options to save and print the recipe and even shop online for the ingredients.
Nectarine And Sour Green Apple Crisp
6 Small Green Sour Apples
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Wheat Flour
1 Cup Oats
1/2 – 3/4 Cup Butter
3-4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1-2 Tablespoons Vanilla
Your Favorite Spices
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Peel and cut nectarines and apples. Cover and soak in lemon juice.
3. Combine brown sugar, white sugar, flour and oats. Fold in butter and mix until mixture is crumbly.
4. Drain the lemon juice from the nectarines and apples. Then spread them in a 9 x 13 in. glass pan. Sprinkle vanilla on top. Evenly spread crisp mixture on top.
5. Bake for 35-45 or until top is golden brown and bubbly and fruit is tender
6. Serve warm with your choice of ice cream or whip cream.
In the Photo above you can see my daughter sneaking a taste. Yum!
You can watch me make this in the video below. I also share some tips:
YouTube automatically depreciates video quality. To watch my videos in 1080p HD click the settings button on the bottom right of the video. Then click “Quality” to choose the video quality you prefer to watch in.